Our Patented Processes
The TCG gasification process integrates several individual technologies to convert carbon-containing feedstock to Syngas. Thermo Technologies, LLC owns the patents and pending patents underlying the gasification technology. Additionally, Thermo Conversions, LLC licenses them. TCG Global has an agreement to develop, own, and operate gasification plants. Similarly, TCG’s technology relies on seven individual U.S. patents. This totals over 800 claims. Also, a South Africa patent protects the identical technologies and set of claims.
TCG has NOT authorized any other entity or individual to exclusively represent or market the technology. Therefore, please contact us directly if you have questions or concerns regarding utilization of the TCG Technology.
TCG gasification technology outperforms competitors on several levels:
- External heating (rather than combustion) delivers the highest quality Syngas yet demonstrated on a commercial scale
- It costs less to prevent pollution rather than control it
- Modestly-scaled gasifier (~500 tons per day) makes TCG gasification a viable solution for a broad range of challenges
- Feedstock rates (nominal)
- 250-500 TPD coal and petcoke
- 500-1,000 TPD wet biomass (i.e. wood chips, crop residue)
- Syngas produced has the capability of firing gas turbines and/or reciprocating engines. It can be used in production of liquid fuels and specialty chemicals
- Small footprint 500 tpd (100’ x 100’)
- Modular design promotes quick assembly/disassembly and ease of maintenance
- Rapid deployment (12-18 months)
- Multiple gasifier plants can be combined to achieve desired scale
- Deployable, redundant design saves capital and O&M costs
- Permanent U.S. patents issued and International and additional U.S. patents pending
- Build, demonstrated and sold a commercial scale reference plant
- Currently constructing a full-scale plant
A TCG gasification plant can provide an attractive risk-adjusted return on investment due to its superiority of design:
- Designed for a 70%-74% Btu conversion efficiency from feedstock to Syngas. However, in commercial-scale, real-world testing, the Department of Energy funded research documented efficiencies exceeding 89%. Additionally, TCG’s design has a 16%-20% production advantage when producing liquid fuels, as compared to other internally-fired gasifiers.
- No requirements for a large air separation unit (ASU) for oxygen.
- Minimal requirements for crushing or drying of the feedstock.
- Built-in redundancy of equipment allows for greater operational availability and partial operation during maintenance.
- All system components are designed for over-the-road and standard shipping container legal load shipments. Off-site construction and re-assembly on-site ensures that site-driven labor availability will not impede rapid implementation.
- No single component requires more than 8 hours of downtime for replacement – exclusive of cool down or start up time.
- Relatively small footprint of less than 100’ x 100’, which also provides for a lower installation cost and a simpler permitting process.
- Design simplicity results in construction costs that are significantly lower than other gasification technologies. Typically half the cost of competing solutions.
- TCG plants have the ability to operate on a compressed schedule. They can begin operation in 18 to 24 months. Typically half the time required by competing solutions.
- No oxidation provides a number of efficiencies
- Cleaner Syngas, lower emissions
- Flexible feedstock, no pulverization or slurry requirements
- No Air Separation Unit
- No ceramic refractory brick – better uptime, reliability
- Recycle un-reacted carbon particles into reaction chamber
- Efficient operation achieved at a smaller scale enables step-wise plant construction and capital investment
- Modular, off-site construction
- 12-month lead time, rapid implementation
- Lower overall capital costs
- Multi-fuel capable gasification technology produces clean Syngas
- Carbon-rich feedstocks such as solid fossil fuels, MSW or biomass produces Syngas
- Emission compliant for SOx, PM, Mercury, and others
- High thermal conversion yields low CO2
- Syngas serves as substitute fuel gas
- Proprietary gas and water clean-up system
- Syngas produced is Fischer-Tropsch and other catalytic processes-ready