The TCG gasification process can use virtually any carbon-based material. For instance, it can use waste plastic/waste tires, petroleum coke, oil/residue, biomass, coal, refuse-derived fuel (RDF), as a feedstock. The design capacity for one TCG installed plant uses 500 tons per day of dry feedstock. Additionally, plants using high moisture content feedstocks, such as biomass, have a higher design capacity. Depending on the moisture content of the feedstock, additional water may be added. This provides the source of oxygen and hydrogen needed for the reaction.
With high quality coal as the feedstock, one 500 ton-per-day plant has the following range of output capabilities:
- Generate up to 60 megawatts of electricity or
- Produce up to 25,000 gallons of diesel daily or
- Produce up to 100,000 gallons of mixed alcohols daily or
- Deliver 30 million standard cubic feet of hydrogen or
- Supply a combination of electricity and fuel products depending on the customer’s needs.
Multiple TCG plants can be combined for a higher capacity. Additionally, it costs much less and consumes less time than a single, large conventional gasification plant.